Crunchy Haddock (or Orange Roughy)
1/4 of total recipe
168.81 Calories per serving
Fat per serving: 1.39 g
1/2 tsp - BASIL, GROUND
1/4 cup - BREAD CRUMBS, PLAIN, dry, grated
1/4 cup - CORNMEAL
1 eggwhite (large) - EGG WHITE
1 tsp - LEMON PEEL, RAW
1/4 tsp - LEMON PEPPER SEASONING, NO SALT
1 lb - HADDOCK or ORANGE ROUGHY, RAW
1/8 tsp - SALT, TABLE
1/4 cup - WHEAT FLOUR, WHITE, ALL-PURPOSE, enriched, calcium-fortified
1) Beat the egg white until frothy.
2) Combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel, and basil.
3) In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning.
4) Dip the fish fillets into the flour mixture to coat one side of the fillet. Shake off any excess flour mixture, then...
5) Dip the covered side of the fillet into the egg white, then...
6) Coat the covered side of the fillet with the bread crumb mixture.
7) Spray a shallow baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Lay the prepared fillets side-by-side, coated sides up. Tuck in any thin edges.
8) Bake at 450 degrees for 6 to 12 minutes. (Fish is ready when it flakes easily with a fork.)
Calories: 168.81 cal
Total Fat: 1.39 g