Split Pea Soup
1/6th of total recipe
329.07 Calories per serving
Fat per serving: 1.34 g
2 stalks - CELERY, RAW, 7.5'' - 8'' long
2 tbsp - DILL WEED, DRIED
2 tsp - ONION POWDER
1 medium - ONION, RAW, 2.5'' dia
1/4 cup - PARSLEY, RAW
1 pkg (10 oz) - PEAS & CARROTS, FROZEN, frozen, unprepared
1/4 tsp - PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
2-1/2 cup - SPLIT PEAS, RAW, mature seeds
1/3 tbsp - VINEGAR, RED WINE
1/4 cup - WATER
8 cups - WATER, MUNICIPAL
2 tbsp - WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, whole wheat
1) Cut the onion into large hunks. Cut the celery into pieces.
2) Bring the peas, water, onion, parsley, dill weed, and celery to a boil in a large covered pot. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the split peas are tender.
3) Dissolve the flour in 1/4 cup cold water. Add this flour mixture to the soup and stir until the mixture thickens.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool a little. Puree this mixture and return it to the pot.
5) Stir in the peas, carrots, vinegar and spices. Heat soup slowly - stirring frequently - until the soup comes to a boil and the vegetables are tender.
Calories: 329.07 cal
Total Fat: 1.34 g